It is no industry secret that vibration degrades the performance of individual components and sound systems drastically. One way to try to minimize this negative effect is through the use of isolation devices (separating the component from outside forces that would harm sound integrity). Nordost, however, takes a different approach to solving this problem. We believe that the most harmful mechanical energy doesn’t enter the equipment from the outside; it’s generated internally by the audio circuits and power supplies. Nordost prescribes resonance control.
Both Nordost’s Sort Kones and Sort Füt units are mechanically tuned resonance control devices that act as mechanical diodes, creating a direct ground path that allows detrimental energy to escape from the electronics. Without these disruptive vibrations, your system will sound more natural and lifelike, your music more lively and engaging and you will be left exceedingly satisfied with the performance achieved by your sound system.
Sort Füt with Sort Kup and Lock:
The Sort Füt is a mechanically tuned resonance control device. It is purpose-built to enhance the performance of your hi-fi system and improve upon the standard spikes and stabilizers that are provided with loudspeakers and racks.
Energy is an unavoidable byproduct whenever components are in use, creating vibrations which can greatly affect the sound produced. The Sort Füt’s proprietary four-part construction eliminates these unwanted vibrations by providing a direct ground path, allowing extraneous energy to escape from electronics. The result: a reduction in intermodulation distortion, a proliferation of musical information, and an increase of tonal and textural details that will allow your system to achieve the dynamic range it is capable of.
- Aluminum and Bronze hybrid construction
- Finial Dome to minimize effects of vibration
- 3 Ceramic balls (Zr02) to minimize contact surface area while providing physical stability to components
While individual units of the Sort Füt are available for purchase, the Premium Package includes all of the tools and instrument instructions necessary to get any system sorted with ease and, more importantly, precision.
The Premium Package Includes:
- 4 Sort Füt units
- Adjustment tool to customize your Sort system to your components
- Laser leveling system for precise installation
- 8mm, 6mm, and 1/4-20 threaded adapters
Individual Units Include 8mm, 6mm, and 1/4-20 Threaded Adapters
Place under the Sort Füt to protect sensitive floors from scratches and dents.
- Aluminum construction
- Geometry of Kup pairs with finial dome to minimize effects of vibration
Locks finial dome in place once adjusted. Simplifies process of moving speakers and returning them to the same setting.
- Aluminum construction matches body of Sort Füt
Nordost’s new resonance control device.
The Sort Kone is a directly coupled and mechanically tuned resonance control device, using a sophisticated new approach to the problem of supporting sensitive electronics.
Whereas most equipment supports are referred to as Isolation Devices, this actually completely misunderstands the nature of the problem. The most harmful mechanical energy doesn’t enter the equipment from outside, it’s generated internally by the audio circuits and their power supplies. Transformers, power supply capacitors, even the active devices themselves, all vibrate as they operate – and those vibrations occur right where the fragile signal is, creating timing errors that smear and distort the music. The Sort Kone is designed specifically to deal with this threat to audio fidelity.
• Three-part construction employs superior materials in a mechanically tuned configuration.
• Bypasses soft feet fitted to equipment in order to provide direct mechanical ground path for internal energy.
• Can be used in triplets, quartets or even larger numbers.
• Upgrades performance of existing racks and support systems.
• Four levels of price and performance, depending on materials employed:
AS – aluminum post and base combined with a hardened steel coupling ball.
AC – aluminum post and base in combination with an upgraded Si3N4 ceramic ball.
BC – bronze post and base elements combined with a ceramic coupling ball.
TC – titanium post and base in combination with the ceramic coupling ball for ultimate performance.
• Comprehensive, illustrated user guide available as PDF download with detailed application notes and diagrams.
• Packed individually so that you can secure exactly the optimum number for your system requirements.
Why “Sort”? Because it’s Danish for black, which is exactly what the Sort Kones provide – a blacker background to your music. With it comes greater focus, instrumental color, depth, transparency and dynamic range. Your system will sound more natural and more lifelike, your music more lively and engaging, the musicians like better musicians – simply because you’ll finally be able to hear the notes they’re playing, the way they play them and precisely when. So, release the hidden performance that’s lurking in your equipment.