You may own your favorite D/A Converter already and you like its sound and its looks and features. So you don’t like the idea to get another DAC just to be able to connect the computer. This is where this interface comes in. It allows you to connect any DAC to any computer. And this in a decent way, with the computer slaved to the internally generated clock and with absolute bit transparency.
The INT204 is a USB to AES/EBU (unidirectional) interface. It also handles DSD to PCM conversion, thus if a DSD files is played on the computer the INT204 converts the DSD data to PCM at a selectable sampling frequency and word-length. Your trusted D/A Converter thus all of a sudden becomes a DSD capable DAC.
Choosing the proper interface model depends on the computer and D/A Converter at hand. And on your preferences. Here are some guidelines:
You would like to use Firewire or Thunderbolt connections to your computer: Choose the INT202 or INT203 described elsewhere.
- Your DAC supports the 176.4 kHz or 192 kHz sampling frequencies with the dual wire scheme only: Choose the INT202 described elsewhere.
- You would like to have a volume control feature: Choose the INT202 or INT203 described elsewhere.
- You would like to have an input to the computer as well: Choose the INT203 described elsewhere.
- You would like to connect the computer via USB: Choose the INT204.
- You would like to play back DSD files on a standard PCM D/A Converter: Choose the INT204.