Single-box elegance at the cutting edge of standalone DAC design. Debussy is the entry point to the world of dCS and designed to be the hub of a digital playback system.
Debussy combines the legendary dCS Ring DAC and our award winning asynchronous USB technology in one box to deliver a DAC that extracts exceptional performance from any digital source.
- Key Features:Debussy DAC uses the proprietary dCS Ring DAC ™, which incorporates several detail improvements over earlier versions.
- The dCS Ring DAC ™ is a discrete balanced design which does not use any off-theshelf DAC chips commonly found in other manufacturers’ products.
- dCS’ proprietary Ring DAC and oversampling topology produces exceptional linearity across the dynamic range.
- All dCS products use a sophisticated multi-mode Phase-Locked-Loop (PLL) which significantly reduces clock jitter.
- Faster, 100% accurate DSPs (within the bounds of their resolution) give improved filters revealing yet more fine detail.
- Higher capacity FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) give more logic capacity and increase the scope for additional features and enhancements.
- Asynchronous USB mode prevents the computer source injecting jitter into DAC.
- Improved power supplies give lower running temperature and increased tolerance to AC supply variations.
- dCS‘soft’ approach to programmable logic allows dCS products to adapt to changes in digital formats and add new features by loading new software from a CD or a computer.
- High grade aluminum chassis and laminated acoustic damping panels reduce magnetic effects and vibration.
|Colour||Silver or Black.|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||445mm/17.6” x 392mm/15.5” x 65mm/2.6”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.|
|Analogue Outputs||Output Levels: 2V rms or 6V rms on all outputs, set by the Output Level switch on the rear panel.
Balanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x 3-pin male XLR connectors (pin 2 = hot, pin 3 = cold).
These outputs are electronically balanced and floating, the signal balance ratio at 1kHz is better than 40dB.
Output impedance is 3Ω, maximum load is 600Ω(a 10kΩload is recommended).
Unbalanced Outputs: 1 stereo pair on 2x RCA Phono connectors.
Output impedance is 52Ω, maximum load is 600Ω(a 10kΩload is recommended).
|Digital Inputs||USB interface on a B-type connector will accept up to 24 bit PCM at 44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192 kS/s or
DSD in DOP format.
Operates in asynchronous mode.
2x AES/EBU on 3-pin female XLR connectors. Each will accept 24 bit PCM data at 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96,
176.4 & 192 kS/s or DSD in DOP format.
OR as a Dual AES pair at 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s or DSD in DoP format.
2x SPDIF on 1x RCA Phono and 1x BNC connectors. Each will accept 24 bit PCM data at 32, 44.1, 48,
88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192 kS/s or DSD in DOP format.
|Digital Inputs||External Reference Input on 1x 75Ω BNC connector. Accepts either Word Clock or AC coupled signals at 1MHz, 5MHz & 10MHz. Lock range is +/-300ppm.|
|Word Clock I/O||Word Clock input on 1x BNC connector. Accepts standard Word Clock at 32, 44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4 & 192kS/s.|
|Residual Noise||Less than 110dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz unweighted (6V Setting).|
|Spurious Responses||Better than -100dB0 @ 20Hz-20kHz.|
|Filters||2 filters on Debussy give different trade-offs between the Nyquist image rejection and the phase response.
Filter 1 is a classic sharp filter, with linear phase and pre-ringing. Filter 2 is an alternative filter, which has
non-linear phase and no pre-ringing.
|Software Updates||Loaded from CD or Computer via USB.|
|Local Control||IR (RC5) or RS232. A dCS Premium remote control is supplied as standard.|
|Operating Systems||Tested on Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OSX.
Operates in ‘Audio Class’ mode.
Class 1 mode (limited to 96kS/s) does not require special drivers to be installed.
Class 2 mode requires the dCS drivers (supplied) to be installed on Windows PCs. Not required for OSX
10.6.3 or later.
|Power Supply||Factory set for 100, 115, 220 or 230V AC, 49-62Hz.|
|Power Consumption||22 Watts typical/30 Watts maximum.|
(This applies to units with serial numbers starting with DDP.)